Fresno State offense loaded
The top talent in the WAC is led by a loaded offense at Fresno State.
Originally Published: August 18, 2004By Mel Kiper Jr. | Special to ESPN Insider
- Editor's note: ESPN.com's Mel Kiper Jr. continues his look at the best players in each conference by examining the top five players on the rosters of five of 11 teams in the Western Athletic Conference (schools listed in alphabetical order). Boise State Broncos
1. Andy Avalos, LB, sr. -- Stands only 5-foot-10 and weighs only 225 pounds, but makes plays all over the field and has been the Broncos' leading tackler in each of the last two years.
2. Daryn Colledge, T, jr. -- Has great feet and is very strong, checking in at 6-4½, 280 with great smarts.
3. Julius Roberts, DE, sr. -- A tall, angular end (6-5, 240) who recorded 9½ sacks last season and has made steady improvement that gives him future NFL potential.
4. Gabe Franklin, CB, sr. -- A three-year starter and very good cover man. Franklin had 16 pass breakups last year to go with three interceptions.
5. Derek Schouman, TE, so. -- Broke the starting lineup midway through his true freshman season and showed great hands. Schouman understands how to get open and had 17 catches last year for a 16-yard average.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com