Mike Williams challenges No. 1
Sophomore WR Mike Williams of USC debuts at No. 2 on Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board of the top 25 NFL prospects.
Larry Fitzgerald now has some competition. The sophomore WR from Pittsburgh is still No. 1 overall on my Big Board of the top 25 NFL prospects, but fellow sophomore wideout Mike Williams of USC is now eligible for the draft and immediately becomes the No. 2 player on the board. A good workout showing could vault Williams ahead of Fitzgerald before all is said and done.
With the addition of Williams there are now 14 underclassmen among the top 25 prospects, including four of the top five and seven of the top 10. Miami leads the way with five players on the list, followed by USC with three and Ohio State and Virginia Tech with two each.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Redhawks Red Sideline Razor T-Shirt