Mike Williams challenges No. 1
Sophomore WR Mike Williams of USC debuts at No. 2 on Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board of the top 25 NFL prospects.
- BIG BOARD: Kiper's Top 25 NFL prospects | Feb. 27
Larry Fitzgerald now has some competition. The sophomore WR from Pittsburgh is still No. 1 overall on my Big Board of the top 25 NFL prospects, but fellow sophomore wideout Mike Williams of USC is now eligible for the draft and immediately becomes the No. 2 player on the board. A good workout showing could vault Williams ahead of Fitzgerald before all is said and done.
With the addition of Williams there are now 14 underclassmen among the top 25 prospects, including four of the top five and seven of the top 10. Miami leads the way with five players on the list, followed by USC with three and Ohio State and Virginia Tech with two each.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Miami Redhawks Red Tri-Blend Football T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider