Manning looks like No. 1
Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald and Ben Roethlisberger look like the top three picks in the 2004 NFL draft.
- MOCK DRAFT: Kiper's initial first-round projection | Jan. 21
Editor's Note: ESPN.com draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. offers his initial first-round projection for the 2004 NFL draft.
It's Senior Bowl week, and the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft has passed, so it's time to make my initial first-round projection for the 2004 NFL draft. I currently see three skill-position players at the top of the draft, while underclassmen (*) account for 16 of the 32 picks. Here's my initial forecast:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider