Freshmen help UCLA, Michigan
The play of Michigan and UCLA freshmen Steve Breaston and Maurice Drew is leading their teams.
- With the spectacular individual effort by Kansas City Chiefs kick returner Dante Hall this season, more attention than ever is being given to punt and kickoff situations.
A similar situation is brewing at the collegiate level with Michigan's brilliant redshirt freshman, Steve Breaston. Like Hall, he's a dual threat at wide receiver and in the return game. He scares the daylights out of opponents whenever he tracks a punt.Against Illinois on Oct. 18, Breaston took a reverse 30 yards for a TD. Through nine games, he's also hauled in 24 receptions for a 12.8-yard average and three TDs.Getty ImagesSteve Breaston is finally healthy and able to be a factor.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider