USC's Williams doubles down, busts
Contrary to the general response to the NCAA's decision -- that Williams was treated unfairly -- that's not the case. Williams knew exactly what he was doing. He was not misled by an obscure rule or faulty interpretation of a rule. Williams chose to violate the rules on amateurism and chose to leave school, and those choices have consequences.
He presented the NCAA with the least sympathetic case possible.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey