USC's Williams doubles down, busts
Contrary to the general response to the NCAA's decision -- that Williams was treated unfairly -- that's not the case. Williams knew exactly what he was doing. He was not misled by an obscure rule or faulty interpretation of a rule. Williams chose to violate the rules on amateurism and chose to leave school, and those choices have consequences.
He presented the NCAA with the least sympathetic case possible.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Report: BC, ND in talks to play at Fenway Park
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Practice Legend Authentic Font Cardinal Performance T-Shirt