Football 101: Quarters coverage
- The most popular zone pass coverage played in college football today is something called quarters coverage. The reason it's so popular is because it is a coverage that can be played on running downs as well as in passing situations.
As in any coverage, there are many variations and changeups that make this an effective catchall defensive scheme. Basically every team in college football plays some combination of quarters coverage. Oklahoma, for example, has always taken advantage of quarters coverage.
In today's class we will show how the basic quarters coverage is played and some variations. We will also look at some ways offensive teams attack it.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider