Randall will be under pressure
After being snubbed from the Orange Bowl, the Tigers will look to make a statement against the talented Hokies.
- The Tigers will look to keep their perfect record intact and send a message to the BCS committee after being snubbed from the national championship game. However, if the Tigers doesn't focus on their upcoming opponent, the underrated Hokies will have a surprise in store.
When: Jan. 3, 8:00 p.m. ET (ABC)
Where: New Orleans, LA
Senior leadership at the quarterback position will play a big factor in this game, as Auburn's Jason Campbell and Virginia Tech's Bryan Randall square off. Randall and RB Mike Imoh will lead a powerful and versatile running attack that will challenge the undersized Auburn defense. The Hokies know they have to control the clock and win the field position battle in order to win this game.
Auburn's offense has the potential to be much more balanced. Campbell will be handing off to the nation's best running back tandem in Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown, while also throwing to a deep corps of receivers, including Courtney Taylor, Devin Aromashodu, Anthony Mix and Ben Obomanu.
In what should be one of the most physical games of the bowl season, the team that can control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball will wind up victorious. If that team is Auburn, it will create yet another headache for the BCS committee.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Auburn Tigers Blue BCS National Championship Bound Ice Full-Zip Jacket
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider