Lobos must handle option
New Mexico's lack of balance will prove fatal, as the Middies will ride their option attack to victory.
Who: Navy vs. New Mexico
When: Dec. 30, 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2)
Where: San Francisco, Calif.
Navy is coming off its most successful campaign since 1963, when Heisman Trophy winner Roger Staubach was the team's starting quarterback. Obviously, there's much at stake for these two upstart programs, and a win in the Emerald Bowl would help garner respect. This game also features two teams with opposing strengths.
The Lobos rank eighth nationally against the run, while Navy represents the third-most productive rushing team in the NCAA. Something will have to give when they collide. Will New Mexico's stingy run defense rise to the occasion or will the Midshipmen's vaunted triple-option pave the way for an upset win?
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football