Wolfe should enjoy success
Northern Illinois' balanced attack will make the difference against a suspect Troy State defense.
- The fifth edition of this game will pit Sun Belt Conference runner-up Troy State against the Mid-American Conference's Northern Illinois. This will be the first meeting between the two schools. It will also mark the first ever bowl appearance for the Trojans, who entered Division 1-A competition in 2001.
When: Dec. 30, 11:00 ET (ESPN2)
Where: San Jose, CA
A stingy defense and the presence of RB DeWhitt Betterson are two of the biggest reasons Troy State has been so successful. Meanwhile, the Huskies will be making their first bowl appearance since 1983. If they hope to ward off the upstart Trojans, RB Garrett Wolfe, who is one of the most dangerous players in the country, will need to shoulder a heavy load.
However, Troy State has been stout against the run. Can Wolfe carry NIU to its second bowl victory or will the Trojans pull off the upset and take one more step in their quest for national recognition?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider