Field factor favors Toledo, Hawaii
- When it comes to bowl games, there are intangibles to consider besides who has the better team. One of the first things to look for is incentive. Often the little guys knock off teams from the BCS conferences because the games mean a lot more to them.
Home field or playing close to home can often make a big difference. For example, Toledo isn't far from Detroit, where it's playing in the Motor City Bowl, but it's halfway across the country for its opponent, Connecticut. There are few things you can count on in life, but apparently, Hawaii at home is now one of them.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider