Monson's wardrobe helps Gophers?
- Previous Words: Last week
Notre Dame gave away the Syracuse game Saturday night after blowing an 11-point lead in the final six minutes. But the Irish weren't down. How could they be, with Boston College on deck Tuesday night?
Irish coach Mike Brey didn't have to give a rah-rah speech about the undefeated Eagles coming into the Joyce Center (Tuesday, 7 ET, ESPN2). The players knew right away what was ahead.
That's why there was no pouting by the Irish, save a request to leave Chris Thomas alone. Thomas, who entered the game shooting 28 percent in six previous national TV games, shot an abysmal 2-of-12 overall (1-of-6 from 3) against the Orange and had nearly as many turnovers (four) as assists (five) and steals (three).
Thomas blew past reporters with a bit of a scowl. But the rest of the crew was focused on the next task beating BC.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Golden Gophers Maroon Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt