Don't look now, but IU is 4-1
Beating Wisconsin convincingly turned Indiana's season around and gave the Hoosiers hope they could be a postseason team.
Indiana junior Bracey Wright said any doubts the Hoosiers could compete at the highest level in the Big Ten were erased with the 74-61 over the Badgers at Assembly Hall on Jan. 8.
"To have them come in here, knowing they were a solid team, was really big for us," Wright said in reflecting back on Indiana's 4-1 start in the league after a rough non-conference slate that included six straight losses. The Big Ten season nearly derailed in the opener when the Hoosiers were rocked 73-52 at Northwestern on Jan. 5.
"We knew we couldn't lose that game, that's how big it was for us," Wright said of the Wisconsin game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida State rallies to stun No. 23 Miami
- VCU's Weber suffers career-ending leg injury
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- St. John's guard sorry for offensive tweet
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Utah Utes Crimson Fishing Woven Short Sleeve Shirt