Haith raises Miami's expectations
Miami coach Frank Haith may have pulled off his best motivational move one game into his ACC career.
The Hurricanes lost by 11 points at Georgia Tech in their ACC opener, but afterward, the team felt good about itself since the game was close.
"Everyone was patting them on the back that they've exceeded expectations," Haith said. "But I blew them out because I didn't want them to say that we just compete in this league. I want us to win."
Still, afterward, Haith was a bit unsure about how his heated lecture was received, since it was his first real one of the season, let alone his head coaching career. So, he called every player to gauge a reaction.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- Mount St. Mary's (16-16) clinches NCAA bid
- Zags hold off BYU comeback, win WCC title
- Milwaukee wins Horizon title to reach tourney
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes Green Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt