Team preview: Tennessee Tech
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
At times last season, Tennessee Tech had trouble putting enough players on the practice floor for five-on-five practices.
"At the end of the year, our coaches were getting more reps than players," Tech coach Mike Sutton said. "That made it difficult."
The Golden Eagles began the season two scholarships under the limit of 13 because of the NCAA's "8-5 rule," which limits the number of players you can recruit in a season. Because of heavy losses to expired eligibility from 2002-03, the Golden Eagles were short-handed last year.
Add to that a rash of injuries throughout the season, and the Golden Eagles were left with a thin roster.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Gators' Donovan harps on quick turnaround
- Players support South Carolina coach Martin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM