Team preview: Tennessee-Martin
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Tennessee-Martin coach Bret Campbell wants to play this season with a full deck. That hasn't happened in a couple of years.
"I think our outlook depth-wise and talent-wise is as good as it has been since I've been here," Campbell said. "The last two years we were victims of the 5-8 [NCAA scholarship] rule and injuries. We were playing with seven scholarship players once we got into conference last season."
In 2002, Campbell had seven seniors on the roster and wasn't able to replace all seven under the NCAA rule. Last year, one of his top players from 2002-03, forward J.C. Howe, decided not to return, and two of the top guards, Earl Bullock and Justin Smith, were hurt during the season.
"Now we have everybody back scholarship-wise, and hopefully we can stay healthy," Campbell said.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM