Team preview: Hawaii
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Forgive Riley Wallace if he favors the 21st century over all others.
Sure, he got married, landed his first coaching job and had all his kids in the 20th century. And that's not a bad run for the last part of the second millennium. But ever since the 2000-2001 campaign, the University of Hawaii head coach has led his Rainbow Warriors to four consecutive postseason appearances.
That includes dates to the NCAA Tournament in 2001 and 2002, and back-to-back appearances at the postseason NIT, including last year's quarterfinal loss at Michigan that left Wallace one win shy of a trip to New York for the second time in his career.
What comes next might put an end to all the fun and frolic for the dean of WAC coaches. For as kindly as the 21st century has been to Wallace, it will be difficult to land a fifth straight postseason trip.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- Ohio St. pulls away late, edges Michigan St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM