Team preview: Temple
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Can Temple regain its old perch as the Atlantic 10's most respected program?
It won't happen unless the Owls can develop more options on offense and play much better defense, particularly against the three-pointer. Temple's 15-14 record in 2003-04 continued its recent slide and earned only a bid to the NIT, not the NCAA Tournament, for a third straight March. The reasons for the Owls' skid are many, most notably, losing out to Saint Joseph's in the Jameer Nelson sweepstakes. With Nelson, the Hawks replaced the Owls as the A-10 East bird of prey.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
- Wichita St. pounds Missouri St. to reach 33-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM