Team preview: Fordham
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
After last year's 6-22 record, second-year Fordham coach Dereck Whittenberg realizes that the mess that Bob Hill left him won't be cleaned up overnight. In fact, it could take years. Think we're exaggerating? We're not.
Whittenberg's two best players from last season, 6-8 Michael Haynes (18.6 ppg, 7.4 rpg), a third-team All-Atlantic-10 performer, and 6-5 Mark Jarrell-Wright (11.6 ppg), have exhausted their college eligibility. Then, Whittenberg let his next-best player, outside shooter John Blackgrove (14.2 ppg in an injury-shortened 2003-04 season), transfer out of the Bronx to Fairleigh Dickinson.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Smart move? Iowa St. fans tease star, 'flop'
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM