Team preview: Maine
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
When Dr. John Giannini decided to leave Maine to become the head coach at LaSalle in late August, it didn't come as a big surprise. Giannini, who led the Black Bears to two 20-win seasons and five appearances in the America East semifinals in the last six seasons, was a candidate for the LaSalle job three years ago and couldn't turn down the opportunity when it opened up again this summer.
It is also no surprise that the Black Bears turned to Ted Woodward to succeed Giannini. Woodward had been a member of Giannini's staff for all eight seasons that he was in Orono, and was promoted to the position of associate head coach in 2003.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM