Team preview: High Point
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Bart Lundy has assembled so much talent at High Point, the young coach's biggest worry headed into season is team chemistry.
That's what nine transfers in the program will do. And that's OK if they also do what these Panthers did last year, ending a streak of six losing seasons and prowling all the way to the Big South title game in Lundy's first year. Lundy was voted the 2004 National Rookie Coach of the Year by collegeinsider.com after helping the Panthers improve by 12 victories from 2002-03, the nation's second-best turnaround.
That improvement has raised the bar in Big South recruiting and has everyone keeping an eye on High Point these days.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM