Team preview: Northern Arizona
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
One team stood out last year in the Big Sky -- Eastern Washington.
Several other teams could've played EWU in the conference tournament title game, but only one could, and that was Northern Arizona. After leading the Eagles for a half and with an NCAA Tournament berth hanging in the balance, NAU saw it all evaporate in the second half as the Eagles took the Big Sky's lone tournament berth.
It was a nice way to finish off an inconsistent season for the Lumberjacks, but now the thrill of playing for a Big Dance bid is gone -- as are a lot of players. Four starters depart, including all-conference standout forward Aaron Bond (17.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg). Joining him on the graduation list were starters Kodiak Yazzie, Chris Ferguson, and Adrian Haynes.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12's POY
- Coastal Carolina ends 21-year NCAA drought
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM