Team preview: Wright State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
The Paul Biancardi Era didn't exactly get off to a rousing start last November.
The head-coaching debut of the former star assistant coach at Ohio State -- highly anticipated at hoops-mad Wright State -- began with a 68-66 loss to Cedarville, an NAIA school that refused to play the traditional role of cannon fodder. Bottom line-wise, things got worse before they got better as the Raiders stumbled to a 1-5 start.
At that point, convincing the Raiders' faithful fans that Biancardi would be voted 2003-04 Horizon League Coach of the Year might have been a hard sell. That, however, is exactly what happened as Wright State got its season turned around and posted 10 Horizon League wins to match the school's best-ever record in that league.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12's POY
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM