Team preview: Idaho State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
This program is building consistency, even if a 13-18 overall record from last year might not show it. In 2003-04, for the second straight year, the Bengals advanced to the conference tournament semifinals, only to lose and not make the championship game.
That elusive title game is the next step, but this year, that might too much to ask with the departure of two of the best players in Doug Oliver's tenure at ISU. Marquis Poole, an exciting guard, graduated, taking his conference leading (19.0 ppg) scoring average with him. Also graduating was Scott Henry, like Poole another all-conference first team player who was a strong inside presence. The 6-7, 200-pound forward put up nice numbers last season (14.1 ppg, 7.3 rpg), while leading the Big Sky in field-goal percentage (.564), and finishing second in rebounding.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM