Team preview: Siena
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Entering the season, this year's Siena basketball team can be broken down into three categories.
Group one is the proven commodities. Returning starters Michael Haddix, Tommy Mitchell and Antoine Jordan were the Saints' top three scorers last season.
Group two is comprised of returning players looking to make larger contributions. Seniors Brent Sniezyk and Gary Holle and sophomores Mike Beers and David Ryan all have had their moments in the past and are working to taking the next step.
Finally, there are the freshmen -- a group of six newcomers who all will be given the chance to earn playing time and become key contributors on a team that could be in the thick of things in a very balanced MAAC chase.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM