Team preview: Niagara
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
There are two ways to look at Niagara this season. Coach Joe Mihalich offers a view of both in the same breath.
"We're going to have a tough time replacing two four-year starters," Mihalich said. "We graduated 3,000 [career] points, 1,500 rebounds and 250 blocked shots. When you graduate a Tremmell Darden (18.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 3.0 apg) and James Reaves (11.6 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.5 apg), you lose a lot.
"By the same token, we've got a pretty good nucleus back with Alvin Cruz, David Brooks and Juan Mendez."
Yes, the Purple Eagles do a solid based. While replacing Darden and Reaves will not be easy, Niagara shouldn't fall too far -- if at all.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM