Team preview: UAB
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Mo Finley's 17-foot jumper may have beaten No. 1-seeded Kentucky last March, but another spectacular stunt in that second round NCAA Tournament game made UAB's season.
During a three-one-one UK fast break midway through the second half, an off-balance Ronell Taylor swiped a pass and launched the ball blindly over his head to his twin brother Donell, who slammed it home on the other end for a 10-point Blazer lead.
The Taylors' ESP rocked ESPN and media outlets nationwide. But more than that, it symbolized how an amalgamation of JUCO transfers and undersized players came together for the Blazers' first Sweet 16 season since 1982.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM