Team preview: South Florida
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
One thing after another went wrong for South Florida last year.
Before the season started, first-year coach Robert McCullum dismissed three players from the team. Another quit in early January. One more was gone toward the end of the season.
Injuries to guards Marlyn Bryant and James Holmes further eroded the Bulls' depth.
By the late stages of the season, the Bulls were playing with six scholarship players.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- McDermott among Wooden Award finalists
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM