Team preview: Texas-Arlington
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Texas-Arlington plays its home basketball games in possibly the most unique venue in the country, as 3,600-seat Texas Hall also doubles as a stage for the school's theatre department. That's right. If you go to a UTA game, you have your choice of sitting in courtside bleachers, or in the plush theatre seats below the stage on the other side of the court.
The Mavericks have turned this rare Division I basketball setting into a great homecourt advantage over the years, and for good reason. Who really wants to dive for a loose ball that's heading toward the theatre seats?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM