Team preview: DePaul
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
The ghosts of Blue Demons past have a lot less to rattle their chains about now.
For much of the last 15 years, the DePaul basketball program was far removed from the national scene. Before last season, the Blue Demons hadn't won an NCAA Tournament game since 1989. From 1993-2000, you couldn't spell DePaul's postseason destination without "N-I-T," if the Blue Demons went anywhere at all.
The school that produced George Mikan, Mark Aguirre, Rod Strickland and Terry Cummings looked outdated, like Air Jordans with laces.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- Ohio St. pulls away late, edges Michigan St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM