Team preview: UNC Greensboro
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
As bounce-back seasons go, last year was a decent one for the Spartans, but it hardly satisfied. There was a four-game improvement in wins, a return to competitive status in the Southern Conference, and a promising finish that ultimately frustrated the team.
Since then, the Spartans' all-time leading scorer, Jay Joseph, who average 17 points per game last year, and the season's top passer, Ronnie Taylor (5.1 apg), finished out their careers. With the departure of several other part-time players, the Spartans lost 38 points per game and return only 28.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM