Team preview: Elon
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
The Phoenix stepped up from the Big South Conference to the Southern last year and, despite a young roster and some injuries, made a respectable showing.
The season ended on a 3-3 run, all three losses coming in close games to league powers Chattanooga, Georgia Southern and Davidson. Elon finished third in the North Division and showed it could play with anybody in the league; one highlight was an 18-point win over Chattanooga, and the Phoenix almost beat East Tennessee State.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Warren edges Parker for ACC Player of Year
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM