Team preview: Towson
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
After stints at big-time schools (Florida State, DePaul) from power conferences that get multiple NCAA Tournament invites, Pat Kennedy begins his silver anniversary in college head coaching in the minor leagues of Division I hoops.
After two disappointing seasons at Montana, Kennedy is now the head coach at Towson, where he succeeds Michael Hunt, who resigned after three seasons to become an assistant under Frank Haith at Miami (Fla.). Kennedy was just 23-35 in two seasons at Montana, taking over after the Grizzlies went to the NCAA Tournament in 2002. He had spent the previous five seasons at DePaul, posting a 67-85 record with one NCAA Tournament appearance.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12's POY
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM