Team preview: Vanderbilt
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
A year made a big difference in the career of Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings. In the summer of 2003, the Commodores were coming off an 11-18 season that included a 3-13 record, good for last place, in the SEC's Eastern Division.
Vandy fans had begun to wonder about Stallings, who had arrived from Illinois State in 1999 with the reputation of being one of the brightest young coaches in the country. The Commodores had but two short-lived NIT appearances to show for Stallings' first four years and seemed to be getting worse instead of better.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Wichita St. pounds Missouri St. to reach 33-0
- Smart move? Iowa St. fans tease star, 'flop'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM