Team preview: Brown
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Only two players return who averaged more than four points a game last season. Of the 15 players on the team, six are unproven sophomores and seven are freshmen.
And you know what, come March, few would be surprised if Brown was pushing Princeton for the Ivy League title.
Coach Glen Miller has succeeded in his quest to establish the Bears as an every-year competitor in the Ivy League, having finished second or third three straight seasons. With 10 Ivy wins this winter, it would become the first league team, besides Princeton and Penn, to win 40 games in a four-year stretch since Columbia from 1968-71.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM