Team preview: Kentucky
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
As demanding as they can tend to be, Kentucky basketball fans were none too pleased with their beloved Wildcats' early ouster from the NCAA Tournament last year. Kentucky's second-round defeat at the hands of UAB, coached by former Arkansas assistant Mike Anderson, turned out to be one of the tournament's more memorable upsets and sent a team some thought capable of winning the whole deal home, ruining office pools everywhere.
Kentucky coach Tubby Smith received his usual round of toasting on radio talk shows and Internet bulletin boards, but perhaps not as much as he might have a few years before. That's because even the most irrational Kentucky fan can see what Smith has accomplished in Lexington.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM