Team preview: Nebraska
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Nebraska took a huge step forward on the hardwood last year, which is one reason people are talking more than football in Lincoln these days.
The Cornhuskers return a solid cast of veterans (three starters) off that team, which posted the school's best campaign since winning 20 games and making a school-record ninth-straight postseason appearance (NIT) in 1998-99.
"We have a group of seniors, for the first time, that have been here and have experience," said Nebraska coach Barry Collier, who over the summer received a contract extension through the 2007-08 season. "We're excited about having that bunch back. They will be significant players for us and we will have to blend them with our other returnees and a good recruiting class."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM