Team preview: Long Island
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
The youth movement is in full swing in Brooklyn. After being one of the youngest teams in Division I basketball last season, Long Island got even younger this offseason.
Third-year head coach Jim Ferry's 12-man roster has only one senior, no juniors, six sophomores and five freshmen.
"We're still growing," Ferry said. "How quickly we mature will determine how quickly we can compete for a conference championship."
Five of the six sophomores received a healthy dose of playing time last season. Ferry hopes that group and the new class arriving can provide the hoops foundation at LIU.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM