Team preview: Fairleigh Dickinson
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
The quest continues for Fairleigh Dickinson.
The Knights thought they had a shot at the NEC Tournament title last season, but a red-hot Central Connecticut State team ended that dream in overtime in the semifinals.
With three starters back and some experienced depth, Fairleigh Dickinson is ready to give it the old college try once again this season.
"I really like this team," said Tom Green, who hopes FDU can end its title draught that extends to 1998. "They have good chemistry and came together and played well [last season]."
One thing the Knights have to do in order to make another run is find a point guard to replace Marcus Whitaker (6.4 ppg, 5.55 apg), who was a four-year starter.
"He was our quarterback," Green said. "He played 35 minutes a night for us."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM