Team preview: North Carolina
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
North Carolina fans expecting instant success with the return of Roy Williams were greatly disappointed in 2003-04. There was no Final Four trip. The team didn't even make the Sweet 16, bowing out quietly in the second round of the NCAA Tournament to Texas.
Williams failed to win 20 games for the first time since his first season at Kansas 15 years ago, as the Tar Heels were 19-11 and a pedestrian .500 in ACC play. What went so wrong for a team that produced the top scorer, best rebounder and No. 1 assist man in the ACC?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM