Team preview: Pacific
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2004-05 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams.COACH AND PROGRAM
Pacific was one of college basketball's biggest surprises last year. Picked to finish in the middle of the pack, the Tigers stormed through the Big West with a 17-1 mark in league play and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
Pacific won't sneak up on anyone this season. The Tigers return four of their top five scorers and 11 letter winners from a 25-8 squad that won the school's first NCAA Tournament game since 1967, shocking Providence in the opening round (66-58). Pacific won 21 of its final 23 games, including 16 in a row, before it was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament by Kansas (78-63).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM