Team preview: ETSU
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
Hello, Murry Bartow. Good to see you again, NCAA Tournament. Farewell, Southern Conference, it was a nice stay.
That's been the progression for the Buccaneers, who won the conference tournament last year, got a new head coach, and are headed out the Southern Conference after the 2004-2005 season. In September, the Southern Conference Council of Presidents granted ETSU an extended withdrawal, which allows the school to remain a member of the conference until June 30, 2005 while it transitions into a new conference. Where the school lands is anyone's guess, but it could be headed back to the Ohio Valley Conference, from which it left in the late 1970s. The Big South also remains a possibility.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM