Team preview: Northwestern State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
Count Northwestern State as a team victimized by the NCAA's "5-8 rule" last year.
The Demons, who advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 2001, graduated seven players off the 2001-02 squad and lost D'Or Fischer when the 6-11 sophomore shot-blocker transferred to West Virginia. To make matters worse, 6-4 sophomore Darnell Bradley developed chronic tendinitis and was forced to give up basketball before the season started.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM