Team preview: Louisiana Monroe
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
There was a time, not so long ago, when Mike Vining's teams dominated the Southland Conference on a yearly basis.
Those teams of the early-to-mid 90's were filled with "tweeners," or players who didn't necessarily fit the Division I mold for their position. But they were all great athletes, and most importantly, winners, capturing six regular-season and/or tournament titles in a seven-year span.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM