Team preview: Denver
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
Terry Carroll enters his third season in Denver believing the upside of his program is comparable to the altitude. A large-market university, excellent facilities and the school's first win over Louisiana-Lafayette in last year's Sun Belt Tournament make the mile-high optimism unavoidable.
Carroll can't think of any reason Denver couldn't become a program similar to Marquette or DePaul. Carroll is certainly accustomed to winning. He's beginning his third season since leaving Larry Eustachy's bench at Iowa State, where the Cyclones won back-to-back Big 12 regular-season championships.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM