Team preview: Eastern Michigan
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
When Jim Boone took over at Eastern Michigan three seasons ago, he touted a "Blueprint for Success" that centered on trust, accountability, work ethic-and, at first, tearing things down.
Ten of 13 Eagles left or were dismissed during Boone's first year; only one returning starter played for EMU's 3-25 team in 2000-01. Then the NCAA's 5/8 rule (a maximum of eight scholarships can be filled over a two-year span, with five being the most allowed in one year) hampered Boone's rebuilding efforts, resulting in a 6-24 record in 2001-02.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM