Team preview: Wisconsin-Green Bay
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
The first year of the Tom Kowalczyk era was a success at Green Bay, certainly more than the bottom line would indicate. The Phoenix won 10 games for their new coach, a modest one-win improvement from Mike Heideman's last year.
A more reflective measuring stick is that the program saw a 45-percent increase in attendance over 2001-02. Kowalczyk can't take all the credit for that stat because the Phoenix moved into the new 10,000-seat Resch Center.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12's POY
- Coastal Carolina ends 21-year NCAA drought
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM