Team preview: Detroit
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
Willie Green and Terrell Riggs were four-year starters for Detroit. It only seemed like six or seven years. Rival Horizon League coaches might have to see it to believe it that Detroit's inside-outside tandem is indeed finally gone.
Green leaves after being chosen the Horizon League Player of the Year and leading the league in scoring (22.6 ppg) a year ago. He signed with the Philadelphia 76ers. Riggs, a hard-nosed and formidable presence in the paint, led the Titans in rebounding four straight years and averaged 13.0 points as a senior.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM