Team preview: Alabama A&M
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
After tying for second place twice and finishing third once in a three-year span, Alabama A&M pointed toward last season as the one in which it would climb all the way to the top of the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
Surprisingly, the senior-laden Bulldogs went backward. They won just eight games, four in the SWAC, and finished tied with perennial cellar-dweller Arkansas-Pine Bluff at the bottom of the league standings.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM