Team preview: High Point
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
After 31 seasons, High Point is going to have a new coach on the sideline this winter. Legendary Jerry Steele has retired and new coach Bart Lundy has hit the ground running-literally.
Lundy rang up a 115-39 record the last five years at Queens College in Charlotte, including a pair of Division II Elite Eight appearances and a trip to the Final Four last year. He did it with a running style of basketball that last year accounted for 88.8 points per game at Queens.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM