Team preview: Yale
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
Last season, with five starters returning from a season that included 21 wins, a share of the Ivy League championship and the program's first-ever postseason victory (in the NIT), it seemed Yale was ready to join Penn and Princeton among the conference's elite.
That didn't quite happen. Despite the fact Yale put together its first back-to-back winning seasons in more than a decade, it's safe to consider 2002-03 something of a disappointment. Then again, the fact that an 8-6, fourth place Ivy League season and 14 wins overall is considered a disappointment in New Haven might be cause for celebration itself.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard rolls, gets first NCAA tourney berth
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM